1. Confidentiality. The information you provide through an intake form on this website is confidential.
2. No attorney-client relationship. The Barton Law Firm ("BLF") maintains this website for informational purposes only. The information on this website is not legal or professional advice. Nothing about this website creates an attorney client-relationship. BLF does not represent you unless BLF expressly agrees in writing to represent you.
3. No right of reliance. Do not make decisions to act or to refrain from acting based on content on this website. The law changes constantly, and statements about the law on this website might not be accurate due to changes in the law. You should consult an attorney or other appropriate professional for advice about your specific issue or problem.
4. Nothing on this website predicts or guarantees future results. BLF is not liable for the actions and decisions you make based on of your interpretation of information on this website. BLF expressly disclaims all liability for any actions you take, or you do not take, based on this website's content.
5. Links. BLF does not guarantee the accuracy and does not endorse or take any responsibility for content on websites that you access through links on this website.
6. No specialization. John Barton earned a law degree from the University of Washington and is admitted to practice law in Washington State and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington. A Washington State attorney may not claim that he or she is "certified," a "specialist," or an "expert" unless the attorney has specific additional credentials and the attorney makes specific disclosures. RPC 7.4. Nothing in this website states or implies that John Barton or any attorney or staff member of BLF is "certified," a "specialist," or an "expert."
7. Advertising. Portions of this website may contain attorney advertising under states ethics rules. Past results do not guarantee similar outcomes in the future.